english | עברית

Architect Yehuda Magidowitz

Magidowitz was Tel Aviv's first architect, designing many buildings and serving as City Engineer from 1920 – 1923. Born in Russia in 1886, Megidowitz studied architecture in the Odessa Academy. His work spanned over the 20's and 30's in which Tel Aviv grew from a small neighborhood to a large city. For over two decades, Magidowitz built the largest number of buildings in the city. Throughout his entire life's work, his buildings were characterized by aesthetic and technological excellence. The impact of Magidowitz's work on Tel Aviv's architectural history is formidable.
map of exhibitions for a map of all exhibitions click here